A Dental Crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and improve its appearance. The crowns, when cemented into place, fully encase the entire visible portion of the tooth and ends at the gum line.
- Crowns have several benefits which include:
- Repair of a damaged or broken tooth as a result of an accident or injury.
- Strengthens the tooth after root canal treatment.
- Extra protection for the tooth after a large filling.
- Prevents further spread of decay in a weakened tooth.
- Repair a tooth or teeth which are too severely damaged for a dental filling.